I am totally stealing this idea from Zoesmom, so credit where it is due.
- I can get through an entire day on the strength of one low-fat yoghurt if I am busy enough to be distracted from the hunger. But then I will really have to eat at dinner.
- An inanimate object can make you feel guilty. I bought a poppet, it it is on my desk at work. It will stare reproachfully at me on Monday because I left it there all weekend.
- Half hour intensive workouts at the gym are way better than an hour of dragging it out in desultory fashion.
- Deliberately setting out to go to Borders is a guilt-free shopping trip, because even though I plan to spend money, the store will not have whatever it is I was after. Do they have no stock because they are going bankrupt? Or are they going bankrupt because they have no stock?
- Not saying goodbye at all is better than saying goodbye and ‘I’ll see you next year’.
- Thursdays are the new Friday: because summer hours started