I’ve chatted to a few friends of varying ages about this and it seems fairly common. Particularly within the family, children are a currency that buy you more worth. Alas, since I am then stony broke and staying that way, a little renegotiation is in order.
- My time is just as valuable to me as yours is to you.
- Not having children does not automatically make me younger than you. I’m still a tax paying, salary earning grownup with valid life experience.
- I have a life! If you want to see me, make plans. I won’t change existing plans to fit in with your last minute arrangements. See #1.
- No, my home does not contain toys or a TV. I don’t need these things. It does contain me. However, if toys and a TV are what you are visiting, try a department store.
- You know, I don’t find your home particularly adult friendly…
- It is not demanded by law that I accede to your holiday plans. See #1 and #3.
- Yes, I went shopping again. You chose kids, I chose disposable income. Deal with it.
- Oh, and by the way, remaining child free is not a peculiar alternative lifestyle choice.