Yes, it’s that time of year again. The weather has turned what I can only describe as bloody cold. It’s dark most of the time. This morning there was snow, and worse, there was snow on my car. I, for one, feel very much like creeping under a duvet and staying there until the first snowdrops are drooping prettily in pale spring sunshine.
And so I say, what could be more of a candle in the darkness than a free book? And from my perspective, a bit of guilt-free shopping? Rules are the same as last year but in case you’ve forgotten, or any new readers are unaware, here’s a re-cap:
- Verily, go and review my lists of books read for the last few years (and accept my humble apologies that 2010 isn’t offering much of a list).
- Identify a book you would like to read and leave me a comment telling me which book and why. Comments close 20 December.
- On 21 December I will select 5 names to be the lucky recipients of their chosen book. It might be random choice. It might be made by best comment. It might hinge on favourite books that I particularly want to share.
- And then I’ll let you know who you are and we can do addresses and all that.
- And then I will purchase, gift wrap and despatch the chosen books, with the usual caveat that if they are OP or otherwise hard to find it might take me a while.
Small print: Look. I don’t have a lot of readers and I know who most of them are. This offer is open to them and the regular lurkers only. If you found your way here via some sort of lowlife, giveaway aggregation site, then please try rearranging these words into a well-known expression: Off. Fuck.