I love memes. So much easier than thinking something up oneself. Here are my eight pieces of mental flotsam and jetsam.
1. Money trickles through my hands like water, particularly if there are books, shoes or handbags around.
2. Despite being a vegetarian for 24 years, I cannot bring myself to replace leather goods with leatheralike goods. They just don’t feel and smell the same.
3. I’m a dilettante who has brief bursts of interest in topics but can’t make up her mind what to follow through on. Some examples from this year: Italian, Metaphysical Poetry, early British military campaigns in India…
4. I am lazy. Probably relates to #3.
5. I like baking more than cooking and I bake a wicked chocolate chip cookie.
6. I once drove the wrong way down a dual carriageway.
7. Apparently, I have a range of food habits that are not shared by others: I don’t like mixing hot food with cold food, or wet food with dry food.
8. I’m an automatic etymologist – as soon as I hear a new word, part of my brain attempts to discover any classical origins it may have.